Zamboni Bursts Into Flames While Resurfacing Ice [Full Video]

 

zamboni fire hockey

A Zamboni caught fire Wednesday evening while cleaning one of the rinks at Bill Gray’s Regional Iceplex in Rochester, New York.
 

Flames ignited beneath the moving vehicle before quickly spreading to its entire back portion. The blaze was sparked by leaking hydraulic fluid coming into contact with hot components on the vehicle's underside. Before the fire started, the machine could be seen leaving a trail of red hydraulic fluid on the ice.

No one was hurt, said Lt. Ryan Fleming of the Rochester Fire Department. The Zamboni operator continued driving the machine off the rink and put the fire out himself after getting the vehicle to a maintenance area at the skating arena. 

 

 

 

 

Powered by Blogger.